Avon Accommodation is housed in a delightful thatched cottage which dates back many centuries. The suites are full of charm and character, sympathetically restored and refurbished offering high quality accommodation. Due to the age and nature of the property there are uneven floors, narrow steep stairs, some very low beams and door heights, so please mind your head! Each suite can be accessed through the main door when the restaurant is open and through the marked doors when closed. Strictly non smoking.
There will be milk and cereal in your apartment on arrival for you to enjoy. If you require something more, a Continental breakfast comprising of croissants, butter, jam, yogurt and fresh orange juice can be left in your fridge for an extra £5 per person per night. Additional items can be provided on request. Please let us know if you would like us to provide breakfast. Full English breakfasts are available close by. We are less than a minutes walk from the town centre where there are a number of bakeries, cafes and coffee shops (including Cafe Nero in the Furlong) which opens early for breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner
We offer a wide variety of menu options in the restaurant downstairs and will give our guests 10% reduction from the final food bill (not available Bank Holidays or commemorative days such as Mother's Day). We offer lunchtime specials, an A la Carte Menu, a Fixed Price Menu and a Vegetarian Menu as well as a specials board for fresh fish and game in season. Not forgetting our little angels there is also a Junior Menu.
There are many pubs and restaurants just a short stroll away.
Both apartments are dog friendly. There will be no extra charge for your dog, providing no damage is done and no extra cleaning is required. Please let us know when booking if you would like to bring your dog as conditions apply
Ringwood sits between two forests: Ringwood forest with its wealth of pine trees, cycle paths including Moors Valley Country Park; and the New Forest National Park which offers thousands of acres of moor, heath and woodlands where ponies and cattle roam free. You may also see wild deer, donkeys, foxes, badger, rabbits and a variety of birds, including birds of prey. Both forests are fantastic for exploring whether on foot, bike or horse. There are even segways to take you round Moors Valley and Ringwood Forest.
- A comprehensive range of shops both independently owned and national chains such as Phase Eight, Fat Face, Clarkes, W.H. Smith, Waterstones,etc.
- A wealth of cafeterias and restaurants including Italian and Indian; mainly independents but with a couple of nationals such as Cafe Nero and Prezzo’s.
- Six pubs within a few minutes walk
- Four supermarkets: Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Iceland and Lidi.
- Coarse fishing right outside the door; day tickets can be purchased from the tackle shop just over the bridge.
- Mountain bike off road trails in both forests and BMX obstacle course at Moors Valley.
- Spinnaker Sailing Club and other water sports such as water skiing within a few minutes’ drive.
- Riding schools nearby offering hacks across the New Forest for both the beginner and the more experienced rider.
- Cycle hire is available at Moors Valley Country Park and in Burley High Street
- Twelve miles from Bournemouth and its award winning beaches.
- Fifteen miles from Salisbury where you will find Stonehenge and the tallest Cathedral Spire in England.
- Half a dozen golf courses within a 10/15 minute drive.
- Two theme parks within 15 minutes drive: Paulton's Park (home of Peppa Pig) and Adventure Wonderland